02 Oct Sydney Auction Results September 29th, 2018
Sydney Property Market Auction Results – September 29th 2018
|Source:||Australian Property Monitors|
Sydney property auctions certainly struggled over the long weekend. The auction clearance rate dropped to 45%, which is the lowest it has been in approximately a year. There were only 391 properties listed for auction since it was the start of the school holidays and also the long weekend.
Thursday night auctions appear to be more successful than Saturday auctions. Domain reported that Sydney’s second highest priced auction sale ever occurred this past week with the $20.4m sale of Bonnington, in Bellevue Hill. On the other side of the bridge, Mosman also had successful mid-week property auctions. Three Mosman properties sold under the hammer on Thursday night and three more sold prior to the auction and another four sold via private treaty. These auction results are not included in APM’s weekend auction results.
Mosman house sales in the past week:
- 48 Cabramatta Rd, Mosman
- 5 Oswald St, Mosman
- 8 Effingham St, Mosman
- 75 Spencer Rd, Mosman
- 48 Bay St, Mosman
- 35 Shadforth St, Mosman
- 69 Belmont Rd, Mosman
- 21 Carrington Ave, Mosman
- 17 Pindari Ave, Mosman
- 9 The Crescent, Mosman
So it is an interesting time in the Sydney property market. Good properties in good locations that are marketed with the correct price are still selling well. Even though the statistics don’t necessarily show this. But get any one of these three components wrong: property; price and/or location and there is a strong likelihood you won’t sell or sell for the price you want. A good real estate agent really does make a difference to the outcome when you sell your house. In this fickle market, you need your marketing and sales campaign right.
So do your research and make sure you speak to a few local real estate agents before you make your decision. Rate My Agent reviews are a great resource as you can get first hand feedback from sellers.
I’m always happy to provide you with my insight if you’re unsure as I am interacting with agents on a daily basis.
Until next week.
Top Sydney Weekend Auction Sales (Disclosed Prices):
- 22 Gladstone Parade, Lindfield, a 5 bedroom home with a pool sold prior to auction for $3.65m.
- 41 Burns Crescent, Chiswick, a 3 bedroom waterfront house in original condition sold for $3.55m (pictured above).
- 2 Council St, Bondi Junction, a 4 bedroom deceased estate sold for $2.8m.
- 8 Larbert Ave, Wahroonga, an older style 5 bedroom house with a pool sold prior to auction for $2.35m.
- 130 Moverly Rd, South Coogee, an original 3 bedroom house sold for $2.11m
- 152 Hawthorne Parade, Haberfield, a 4 bedroom deceased estate sold for $2.11m