25 Jun Sydney property buyers pay up for large blocks
Sydney Property Market Auction Results – June 23rd, 2018
|Source:||Australian Property Monitors|
Sydney real estate had another tepid day of auction sales with a 55% auction clearance rate. Four of the top five sales across Sydney this week were residential houses. Interestingly, three of these four properties were all on large blocks of land that were greater than 1,000 sqm. This highlights buyers’ acumen as even though Sydney house prices have dropped, buyers know the value of land and are willing to pay for it. The other top five sale was a commercial building comprising of 9 leased shops, suitable for an investor and very likely a superannuation fund investor.
This week’s top 5 real estate sales across Sydney*:
- 29 Trentino Rd, Turramurra (pictured above) sold for $4.3m. This large 5 bedroom home was built by Chateau Architects and Builders and is on 1220 sqm.
- 7 South St, Strathfield sold for $3.52m. This original 3 bedroom cottage is on a 1200 sqm block in a blue ribbon residential area.
- 44 Pacific Parade, Manly sold for $3.3m. This semi has been beautifully redesigned to maximise indoor / outdoor living on its 223 sqm block.
- 22-26 Blenheim Rd, North Ryde sold for $3.035m. This is a commercial shopping arcade consisting of 9 shops on a 663 sqm block with rear lane access.
- 25 Bayview St, Tennyson Point sold for $3m. This is an older style home on a large 1062 sqm block in a prestige location close to Morrisons Bay and Putney shops.
*as disclosed by Australian Property Monitors
As always, please don’t hesitate to get in contact if I can be of assistance with your property search and purchase.