01 Feb Longueville & Bellevue Hill Property
Longueville and Bellevue Hill are both affluent and popular residential suburbs of Sydney, Australia. Longueville, situated along the picturesque Lane Cove River, is renowned for its waterfront properties, lush greenery, and a sense of tranquillity. The suburb boasts a mix of architectural styles, from classic Federation homes to modern residences, creating a diverse and visually appealing neighbourhood.
Comparatively, Bellevue Hill, located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, is characterised by its elevated position providing stunning views of the city skyline and Sydney Harbour. This prestigious area is synonymous with luxury real estate and is the most expensive suburb in Australia. According to Core Logic, the price of Bellevue Hill houses surged 24.9% over the past year to a median house price of $9.71m. Both Longueville and Bellevue Hill offer a great combination of lifestyle, amenity and natural beauty.
Longueville Top House Sales in December 2023
Over the last 12 months 35 homes sold in this suburb with the highest sale at 52 Arabella Street Longueville (feature image), which sold for $23.5m in September 2023 through Tavis Standen of Standen Estate Agents. Featured below are two of Longueville’s top house sales in December 2023 (prices undisclosed).
Longueville Unit Report Card
In Longueville, 98.8% of all dwellings are houses therefore we have not reported on unit sales for this suburb.
Five Fun Facts About Longueville
1. Originally a home to manufacturing industries, it wasn’t until the 1920’s that Longueville was officially proclaimed a suburb.
2. Longueville is home to three tennis clubs, one bowling club (aka The Diddy) and a cricket club.
3. Longueville has waterfront homes with boating facilities and also offers spectacular harbour bridge views.
4. The suburb is dominated by larger homes with 78.5% of all dwellings having 4 or more bedrooms – families like the amenity of Longueville.
5. Population of 2116, the average age is 40-59
If you are looking to buy in Longueville or on the North Shore contact Bernadette Brennan, Principal and Senior Buyers’ Agent at Premier Home Finders.
Bellevue Hill Property
Bellevue Hill Top Home Sale December 2023
Sydney’s Bellevue Hill took out the number one spot for the most expensive home sale in Australia in 2023 with “Leura” selling for $76m in May 2023. Below, we feature December’s top home sale.
Bellevue Hill Top Unit Sale December 2023
Five Fun Facts About Bellevue Hill
1. Bellevue Hill is the most expensive suburb in Australia with a median house value of $11.02m
2. Had Sydney’s top home sale in 2023 – the heritage listed estate “Leura” selling for $76m
3. Bellevue Hill was formerly known as Belle Vue (names for the look-out area) or colloquially known as Vinegar Hill
4. Population of 14,429 and a median age of 40
5. Bellevue Hill is home to 8 schools – one public primary school and 7 independent schools
Contact Jillian Cook who is our expert buyers’ agent and a Bellevue Hill resident herself, for more information about buying in Bellevue Hill and surrounding Eastern Suburbs.
Looking to buy a property? Bernadette Brennan, Founder and Senior Buyers’ Agent shares her insight into Mosman vs Bellevue Hill property markets.
Join our community and Subscribe to Between The Streets keeping you across all things Sydney property.